Every day, we help make education dreams a reality
Join Our Team!
Date: July 2019
Position: Education Research and Data Analyst
Reports to: Vice President, Programs
Location: Bethesda, MD
Collegiate Directions, Inc. (CDI) is a nonprofit organization based in the National Capital Region committed to closing the education, achievement, and opportunity gap for low-income, primarily first-generation college students. We help them plan for, apply to and graduate from four-year, selective colleges and universities. CDI’s Scholars Program provides comprehensive college counseling, targeted tutoring, test preparation, study skills, leadership training, and ongoing support to students—starting with rising juniors in high school and continuing through successful college graduation. CDI’s School Support Program provides tailored consulting focused on helping high school counselors and staff improve their college advising and support students to find their best-fit college. CDI is a rapidly growing organization focused on closing the opportunity gap for its students which makes now an exciting time to join this dynamic team.
Collegiate Directions, Inc. (CDI) seeks a qualified full-time education research and data analyst. The position will lead CDI’s short- and long-term research and analytical programmatic goals. The research analyst will lead the effort to ensure the quality and accuracy of CDI’s data, identify compelling data points to highlight CDI’s work, assess areas for future development, and inform programmatic changes. This position is a collaborative one that works closely with the programs and communucations teams as well as the president.
General education research and data analyst duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with team to develop research questions, conduct needs assessments, and perform statistical and qualitative analyses of existing student and program data. Examples include analyzing student performance data to identify gaps and trends, and developing data driven continuous improvement strategies for CDI
- Collect, synthesize, and analyze student-level data from a variety of internal and external sources
- Interface with our third-party strategic partner on standardized test data
- Carry out organizational data documentation process so that all staff can benefit from data and evaluation efforts
- Use National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) data, verify college enrollment, persistence, and completion rates
- Provide supervision and professional development to staff on data and evaluation-related activities
- Lead the development of organizational documents like logic models and theories of change to guide data identification, collection, and analysis
- Present data in a variety of digestible and compelling ways for diverse stakeholders
- Develop surveys and analyzing responses to gauge student and alumni experiences and satisfaction
- Work with communications manager and president to translate key data into meaningful communication
- Act as a resource for internal program eveluation needs
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Good understanding of Excel, Pivot Tables, and Stata/SPSS for analyzing student-level data and making and visualizing comparisons
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work with a dynamic team
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects with high accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with higher education and college access a plus
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com with salary requirements.
References should be available upon request.